This recipe originally from Dr. Danenberg’s blog, published on July 21st, 2016.
For my taste buds, chocolate pudding is about the ultimate taste sensation I can imagine. I am a dark chocolate lover. But, chocolate pudding from a traditional recipe would be relatively unhealthy. Here is a yummy alternative. I found the original recipe from Healthy Holistic Living. However, I experimented with that recipe and changed the amounts of ingredients and added optional toppings to suit my taste. The following is my rendition of this delicious and nutritious treat.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 3 Ripe avocados, mashed
- 1/4 Cup organic cacao powder (my favorite: Viva Labs Certified Organic Cacao Powder)
- 6 Tbsp coconut milk (my favorites: Native Forest Coconut Milk or Trader Joe’s Organic Coconut Milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp organic, cold-pressed coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp local raw honey (I wrote about the medicinal benefits of raw, unprocessed honey HERE.)
- Optional toppings: organic coconut cream, fresh organic berries: like blueberries and/or strawberries
- Place avocado, cacao powder, coconut milk, vanilla, coconut oil and raw honey into a mixing bowl and stir well. Use a stick blender on high until completely smooth (approximately 1 minute).
- Place in serving bowls, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add toppings as desired when served.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR