Is there anything better than a slow cooker recipe? It’s easily prepped and easily plated, simple to get together before you leave and ready when you get home. This recipe is so simple you’ll be adding the ingredients to the shopping list today!
Editor’s Note: This recipe originally published by Dr. Danenberg on his blog on June 21st, 2017.
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 Carrots, cut into 1 inch sections
- 2 Celery stalks, cut into 1 inch sections
- Olive oil (to drizzle over veggies and brush onto turkey wings)
- Seasoning Blend:
1 Tbs garlic powder
2 Tsp oregano
1 Tsp sea salt
1 Tsp red pepper flakes
- Turkey wings, 2-3 pounds (I used only one wing that weighed 2.25 pounds)
- 2 Tbs ghee (Here is my recipe for Ghee)
- Place onions, carrots, and celery on bottom of slow cooker.
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies and sprinkle some of the seasoning blend over veggies.
- Dry turkey wings with paper towels.
- Brush wings with olive oil & generally coat all sides of wings with seasoning blend
- Place turkey wings on veggies.
- Pour ghee over turkey wings.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Plate the turkey wings & garnish with the veggies.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR