This recipe shared by Dr. Danenberg on his blog from June 28, 2017.
BLUEBRRY PLANTAIN PANCAKES
- 2 Green plantains
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Teaspoons of vanilla extract (more or less based on taste)
- 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 Cup whole organic blueberries
- Ghee for the saucepan
- Peel plantains and cut into small pieces. TIP: It is easier to cut the plantain in half, then cut in half lengthwise; then separate the peel from the meat of the plantain with your fingers.
- Place plantain pieces into food processor or blender. (I use a Vitamix. Other good blenders are Ninja and Magic Bullet, see them here.)
- Add eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, baking soda, and sea salt to food processor or blender.
- Process until batter is smooth. TIP: tThe ingredients blend better when blender power is adjusted from low to high several times.
- Pour batter into a 4-cup mixing bowl and stir in blueberries.
- Add small amount of ghee to frying pan over medium heat.
- Spoon blueberry batter into frying pan until pancake is desired size.
- Cook like a regular pancake. After about 2 minutes, the top will form little bubbles just like a regular pancake. Flip it, and cook the other side for another minute or so until done.
- Repeat until batter runs out. Add additional ghee to the pan as needed.
- Eat plain or top with fresh fruit, butter, raw honey, or whatever makes you happy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Alvin Danenberg, is a periodondist, Certified Medical Practitioner, Primal Health Coach, and ADAPT-trained Health Professional. His first book, Crazy Good Living, is based on ancestral nutrition and lifestyle. He offers a 12 week body coaching program for people interested in transforming the way they think about themselves and the food they ingest. He shares his knowledge and thoughts at: drdanenberg.com. He would be happy to engage face to face or virtually!